Climate Action Acceleration Intern28-04-2022
Our purpose is to fight against climate change and its environmental, social, and economic consequences. Since 2007, we have proven to be the leading Belgian consultancy in low-carbon strategy by measuring, reducing & offsetting our client's CO2 emissions. Our team is composed of 50+ professionals located across Belgium & France and grows at an incredible pace! We have recently joined the South Pole Group, a world leader in climate solutions!
Climate Action Acceleration Intern
Our regional business development team is looking for a highly motivated individual to help the team support clients & prospects in advancing their corporate climate journey towards net-zero carbon emissions. The position consists of supporting the BD team in centralising & qualifying inbound leads & developing a tailored solution that fits the prospects ambition. You will support the business's development in Belgium, France & Luxembourg, with particular attention to Flemish-speaking customers.
Our solutions are built on a portfolio of climate solutions, including environmental impact accounting, science-based target setting (SBTi), climate-related financial disclosure (CDP, TCFD,…), decarbonisation roadmaps, renewable energy certificates, climate action credits and impact funds.
Our approach puts integrity, respect towards clients, colleagues, and the environment at the centre. People are our main asset. We grow individually and jointly to unfold the potential of each team member. We instil pride in our diversity and enjoy the fun of working environment.
- Be curious & have strong relational skills
- A university degree, ideally at master's level
- Notions in customers relations management and business development
- A strong interest in the field of climate change, sustainable development (renewable energy or carbon markets) or corporate responsibility
- Knowledge of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions
- Excellent Dutch and English skills are a must, both spoken and written. French speaking skills are a strong asset.
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency.
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Experienced working in small and agile teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Tasks and responsibilities
- Be a point of contact for inbound leads
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify further business development opportunities
- Proactively strengthen relationships with our prospects/clients and position South Pole as their preferred partner in the climate solutions field
- Manage negotiation and finalise deals with new and existing clients
- Be involved in writing compelling proposals and contract preparation
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and trade shows
- Share know-how and market feedback within the company proactively
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
What we offer
- An extremely stimulating work environment in an innovative, ambitious, and rapidly growing organisation
- A fun & diverse team
- Compensation package (if legal status allows it)
- Possibility of employment opportunity after the internship
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@CO2logic.com