CO2logic is looking for a Senior CO2 Advisor30-11-2021
Fighting against climate change and its environmental, social and economic consequences is our purpose. Founded in 2007, we are a Belgian leader in low-carbon strategy consulting and recently joined the international South Pole group. We bring almost 15 years of experience in measuring, reducing and offsetting CO2 emissions, to provide a credible approach to CO2 neutrality. Our team is made up of 35 professional consultants and continues to grow fast.
Consultancy & Advisory Services
Our Climate Strategies Consultancy team partners with corporate leaders in sustainability. Wherever our clients are on their climate journey, we provide them with unique and unparalleled technical expertise. Our success relies on deep knowledge, trust, and accountability - we inspire climate action every step of the way!
The Consultant’s goal is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice on corporate climate strategies to clients in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg. You will play a leading role in the development and management of proposals on and the implementation of projects, for which you will coordinate small project teams.
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), energy efficiency, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our clients in the region and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector on climate strategies and carbon reduction roadmaps in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company.
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical reviews of proposals and deliverables.
- Support regional practice leads and key account management teams to develop South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
Essential profile requirements
- University degree: Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice.
- Relevant work experience (minimum of 3 years) in sustainability consulting or a related field, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP);
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good stakeholder and client management skills.
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
- Excellent oral and written skills in French/Dutch and English
Desirable profile requirements
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Practical experience in climate change strategy development; energy efficiency; GHG management; climate change scenario analysis; risk and opportunity assessment (for physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Google Suite and Microsoft office applications
- Diligent, reliable, proactive, and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer
As a young, innovative, ambitious and rapidly growing organization, CO2Logic is the employer of choice to grow and thrive with. Together with your colleagues, you are committed to a social mission every day: fighting against climate change and driving transition to a low carbon society.
You can count on a professional onboarding where you get the opportunity to partner with your project director and follow various training courses. You will always learn from an in-house expert.
The common thread is sustainability, so professional movements are also done as much as possible with public transport or bicycle. CO2logic is based close to the Central Station in Brussels. Ready to jump on this train?
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@CO2logic.com