CO2logic is looking for a Climate Account Associate!30-11-2021
Fighting against climate change and its environmental, social and economic consequences is our purpose. Founded in 2007, we are a Belgian leader in low-carbon strategy consulting and recently joined the international South Pole group. We bring almost 15 years of experience in measuring, reducing and offsetting CO2 emissions, to provide a credible approach to CO2 neutrality. Our team is made up of 35 professional consultants and continues to grow fast.
Since 2020, we have formed a regional organization dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
Sustainability Advisory Team
The Sustainability Advisory Team is responsible for South Poles Key Account Management (KAM) and Business Development (BD). The team supports clients and prospects in advancing their corporate climate journey towards net-zero carbon emission. Corporate needs and challenges are recognised, and tailored solutions are developed. South Pole build on a unique corporate climate solutions portfolio, including environmental impact accounting, science-based target setting (SBTi), climate-related financial disclosure (CDP, TCFD,…), decarbonisation roadmaps, renewable energy certificates, climate action credits and impact funds.
South Pole’s approach is characterised by integrity and respect towards clients, colleagues, and the environment. People are our main asset. We grow individually and jointly to unfold the potential of each team member. We instil pride in our diversity and enjoy the fun of working in a truly global team.
The focus of the Climate Account Associate is to increase our sustainability and climate impact by growing South Pole’s business in Belgium, in coordination with the South Pole region covering France, Belgium and Luxemburg, with special attention to Flemish speaking customers. In this role, you are responsible for a portfolio of clients and support new business development. You proactively manage the relationship with existing clients, understand their needs and develop tailor-made solutions with business development managers. You will handle negotiations of deals with clients.
- A university degree, ideally at master’s level, primarily in sustainable development or environment management
- Trustworthy customers relations management and business development experience with a track record in meeting company targets and client expectations
- Two to three years of work experience in the field of climate change, sustainable development (renewable energy or carbon markets) or corporate responsibility
- Understanding of the climate solutions market in Flanders
- Knowledge of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions
- Excellent Dutch and English skills are a must, both spoken and written
- French is recommended as the team is mostly French speaking
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Experienced working in small and agile teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Tasks and responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact for a portfolio of existing clients and build trusted relationships with prospects
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify further business development opportunities
- Proactively strengthen relationships with our clients and position South Pole as their preferred partner in the climate solutions field
- Manage negotiation and finalise deals with new and existing clients
- Be involved in writing compelling proposals and contract preparation
- Coordinate deliverables with our consultancy practices teams
- Ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, site visits, at conferences and trade shows
- Share know-how and market feedback within the company proactively
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- Instil pride in the South Pole brand, inspire team members
What we offer
As a young, innovative, ambitious and rapidly growing organization, CO2logic is the employer of choice to grow and thrive with. Together with your colleagues, you are committed to a social mission every day: fighting against climate change and driving transition to a low carbon society.
You can count on a professional onboarding where you get the opportunity to partner with your project director and follow various training courses. You will always learn from an in-house expert.
The common thread is sustainability, so professional movements are also done as much as possible with public transport or bicycle. CO2logic is based close to the Central Station in Brussels. Ready to jump on this train?
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@CO2logic.com