Join the Climate Leaders and commit to setting a Science Based Target!07-06-2016
Currently, more than 160 companies worldwide have already joined the Call to Action and signed the Commitment Letter.
As the only accredited partner of the CDP for the Benelux, CO2logic can help you go through the whole process and define the key features of a SBT:
- Boundary: The target must cover company-wide Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions and all relevant GHGs as required in the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard.
- Timeframe: The target must cover a minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 15 years from the date of announcement of the target.
- Level of ambition: At a minimum, the target will be consistent with the level of decarbonization required to keep global temperature increase to 2°C compared to pre-industrial temperatures, though companies are encouraged to pursue greater efforts towards a 1.5° trajectory.
- Scope 3: An ambitious and measureable Scope 3 target with a clear time-frame is required when Scope 3 emissions cover a significant portion (greater than 40% of total scopes) of a company’s overall emissions. The target boundary must include the majority of value chain emissions.
- Reporting: The company will disclose company-wide GHG emissions inventory on an annual basis.
For more information, please contact Carlos Garcia-Borreguero, (firstname.lastname@example.org)